Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. As we aspire to secure sustainable growth of our businesses, we need to re-think the way we engage with our customers and partners. Digital is taking centre stage in enabling this engagement.Join us in Transport and Logistics – Digital as we innovate, prototype and industrialize digital products to drive growth and lead the market.
If you are passionate about working in an entrepreneurial environment developing new products that engage and provide an enhanced customer experience – keep reading.
- Designing, implementing, deploying, and maintenance of customer-facing product frontends.
- Defining and maintaining UI development standards for the development teams.
- Providing UI consultancy and estimating effort with the team leads for online projects.
- Online educational support and UI/UX knowledge share and direction to wider development team.
- Triage and resolution of issues reported on existing production systems.
- Working with Project Managers and development teams to identify and manage risks, issues and opportunities for the websites.
- Shared responsibility for the delivery of online analytics software products.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through delivery of a high level of service.
- Embrace emerging technologies and solutions in order to ensure our online experience continually evolves to address the needs of the market and our customers.
- Working closely with external service providers and maintain consistent standards and quality assurance
Who we are looking for
Must have, proven skills:
- Solid written and verbal communication, ability to clearly articulate technically complex problems and solutions to both technical and non technical personnel.
- Ability to implement web-based solutions.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment within mixed-competence teams.
- Critical reasoning and problem solving skills – sticks to the problem until it is resolved.
- Customer-orientated, whether responding to support queries or developing new functionality.
- Ability to implement solutions for a variety of web and mobile/native platforms.
- Delivering successful products to end users in the industry, with success measured by the size of the user base, sales volume, market share, etc.
- At least 5 years of hands-on in user interface development, web-based as bare minimum.
- Hands-on in front end development languages, tools, and techniques – HTML, CSS, DOM, JSON, JS/EC; linters and testing tools (JSLint, Mocha, Chai, Jasmine etc.), task runners (Grunt etc.), JS and CSS preprocessors (CoffeeScript, Babel, LESS, Sass etc.), JS and CSS frameworks (Angular, Ember, React, Bootstrap, etc.), JS runtimes (Node etc.), templating (Handlebars.js etc.), other popular JS libraries (jQuery, D3, React, etc.).
- Writing cross-browser, cross-device UI implementation, with particular focus on Responsive/Adaptive/RESS UI development and where each is most appropriate is crucial.
- Large Full Life Cycle project implementations.
- Setting, refining and implementing UI standards.
- Modern software engineering practice (collaborative distributed coding with branching version control, continuous integration and deployment, quality assurance).
- Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both a technical and non-technical level.
- Understanding the importance of real business engagement in all stages of IT product lifecycle working in both waterfall and agile delivery methodologies
- Parallel UI and application development.
- Development of componentised systems such as CMS, transactional, and online self-service portals.
- Development of UIs for multi-lingual websites
Job Type: Full-time